Sunday, January 17, 2016

Dollar Store Whore

As aforementioned, I have an unhealthy obsession with Dollar Tree and the Dollar Spot at Target!  It is like my mother ship sending out a beacon to call me home every week...  Can't. pass. up. good. deals.  As always, these two places have not failed me for Valentine's Day this year!  As Kit says to Vivian (Julia Roberts) in Pretty Woman - "Work it.  Work it, baby.  Work it.  Own it!!"  This phrase staunchly applies to me as I enter the threshold of any Dollar Store or Dollar Spot at Target because I am a total Dollar Store Whore.  I may or may not EVEN have that Pretty Woman audio bit on my phone as I approach the Dollar Tree with hopeful exuberance for my next purchases (aka conquests).  It is an adrenaline rush unmatched by any other as I approach the double doors (child-free of course - ALWAYS child-free) and enter the sacred hollows of DT or Bullseye's Playground for the week.  Unfamiliar with "Bullseye's Playground"?!?!?!  Shame on you.  SHAME ON YOU.  Bullseye's Playground is the new, vamped up makeover for The Dollar Spot at Target!!  Bullseye's Playground is so choice.  If you have the means, I highly recommend you perusing one this week.  Lucky for you - I have put together a few of my fave V-Day finds from both places!


Bullseye's Playground had the above wooden sign with gold foil arrows and hearts - have I mentioned how much arrows are in right now!?!?!?  ;)





Dollar Tree has some great chalkboard and pallet choices for V-Day this year!  They have a huge chalkboard heart that you or your little one can write on and display.  They also have an adorable chalkboard pallet LOVE sign!  I bought a few of them to show you some ideas on how to display them - I have one in my china cabinet and another hung in a fun feather wreath!


Dollar Tree also has a really cute felt heart wreath that has so many fun possibilities around your house - I hung it on a china curio, but it would also look sharp on a door or displayed on a mirror!




I have to say that my fave find thus far are these large felt love letters at Bullseye's Playground.  They come in multiple colors (I only bought two of the color choices), and they are SO versatile!  You can either display them as decor, OR use them as a fun container for a Valentine's Day gift for your teachers!  They are only $1, and you could put a gift card or even a small box of chocolates in them!  If you are EXTRA ambitious, you can even buy them for your kids' classmates with a V-Day goody in them!  AND, as if these felt letters weren't darling enough, Bullseye's Playground has another surprise this season -- glittered ampersand's in multiple colors!  I bought the pink one shown above!  Since love is in the air, let's learn how to make the Love Martini!


Ingredients:
1/2 shot of Malibu Rum
1/2 shot Peach Schnapps
1/2 shot Citron Vodka
3 shots of cranberry juice

Mix the Malibu Rum, Peach Schnapps, Vodka, and Cranberry juice together in a shaker or like an empty Diet Coke bottle...  Pour into a glass of your choice!  On a special side note, this drink does wonders if you ever have a UTI - the mix of cranberry juice and liquor really knocks that issue right out for you ;)  Cheers!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...