Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Dollar Tree (literally)

This is my 12th Christmas with my husband.  Our very first Christmas tree that we purchased together at Wal-Mart 11 years ago died on us last year.  The other two trees that we purchased just two years ago at 'another locale' that shall remain nameless ALSO died on us last year!  Death by bulb after only their second Christmas with us!  The lights worked for ONE Christmas?!?!?!?!?!  UM.  Needless to say, when we went to purchase all new trees this year, we went to Wal-Mart!  And...  AND!  After 12 years of begging, my husband finally agreed to buy me a flocked tree!  I love it - I stroll by it every day and talk to it...  Hello, tree friend...  If I could, I would sleep with it at night - I am THAT excited to finally own a flocked tree!  Something else that you should know about me is that I am a trend whore.  I want to be a cool kid.  I make no bones about it!  SO - I was insistent that my new, beautiful flocked tree would be 'hip' this year!  The big trend right now is the 'rustic' look that incorporates deer and antlers.  I headed to the Dollar Tree.  Lo and behold - every ornament that one could ever need to be fan-rustically fabulous this year is AT the Dollar Tree!  Ironically, I realized after decorating my new tree that it was in fact a "Dollar Tree'.


There she is - flocked Dollar Tree!


A close up of a couple of my DT ornaments - gold glitter deer and glitter pine cones...  All of the ornaments that I bought this year came in a 2, 4, or even 5 pack!


I loved mixing the gold deer with the red deer along with the pine cones!


The options for the deer ornaments are full reindeer OR just the deer head in multiple colors - feel free to choose what colors fancy you to mix in with the pine cone ornaments!


I also find that as the years march on, I end up with an overage of ornaments....  What on Earth should I do with them??!?!?!  I went to IKEA and purchased this inexpensive basket.  I fill it up every Christmas with leftover ornaments that I have - this year I threw in a few pine cones that I bought in a large bag at Dollar Tree and an antler that I bought at a flea market for $8!
I must say that now that I am doing this blog along with all of my parenting duties, I have been quite busy!  It is winter time, so I kind of let my leg shaving obligations slide any how...  BUT, I realized today that I have not done any upkeep for at least a week - I look super sexy!  In honor of all of us ladies that let our hair grooming obligations slide either because it is winter time, you are pregnant, or you are just lazy, let's learn how to make a Dirty Hairy Monkey Cocktail!


1 ounce dark rum, 1 ounce light rum, 1 ounce banana Schnapps, 1 ounce Kahlua, 6-7 ice cubes, chocolate syrup. and a banana for garnish

1) Add the rums, Schnapps, Kahlua, and ice into a blender.  Blend until smooth.
2) Coat the inside of a glass with chocolate syrup and pour the drink inside.
3) Garnish with a banana slice!

Not only does this drink taste fabulous, but after a few of them, you and your significant other won't even care about how long it has been since you shaved those legs!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...